Pasta with Pepper Sauce
Every now and then I see something that I never thought I would see. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to come across a modern troubadour walking down the trail. Strumming his guitar and serenading everyone he walked by he scared the daylights out of our one puppy while bringing a smile to my face. There was just something soothing about it, made me feel like I was living in Stars Hollow for a hot second.
In other news I think I have figured out my tomato bandit. Coming home from work today I almost ran over a very large groundhog while pulling on to my street. Why he is going for the green ones and not the gorgeous red ones, still not sure but hopefully he will find a new garden to terrorize in the coming days.
This recipe is perfect for this time of year, when tomatoes are nice and juicy and peppers are starting to peak. The perfect sauce for a simple summer supper that comes straight from the garden.
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 4 bell peppers (mixing colors is encouraged), diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp oregano, finely chopped
- 1 lb favorite pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and return to pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta toss well and top with the freshly grated cheese. Serve hot with fresh Italian Bread.