So I have survived my first cold of the season, hopefully it will also wind up being my only cold of the season. This has resulted in a small back log of recipes so stay tuned for a large number of updates. Last week was Joe’s birthday, so I did a week of his favorite recipes including this pizza recipe. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and the path to Joe’s heart is paved in cheese. This recipe is not for the lactose intolerant, or for those counting calories but in my world calories don’t count on birthdays.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 large pizza crust, pre-baked if needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 15 basil leaves
- 1 8 oz ball fresh mozzarella, dried and torn
- Preheat the oven to 425. Coat the (pre-baked) dough with the olive oil then start layering on the tomatoes, basil leaves, and mozzarella. Overlapping is strongly encouraged!
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over top. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the cheese has slightly browned and the crust is golden.