Today is the most important day of the year, IMHO, because today is the anniversary of my birth. My better half made the mistake of getting me a Nook for my birthday and I’m already addicted. I never thought I would get an e-Reader but I have to admit the thing is rather handy and the battery life is much better than I expected. It’s also perfect for weekends away and for any longer trips that I’m hoping to make in the next year.
The recipe for tonight is one of my go-to-favorites. The ingredients used can vary based on what is in your fridge, so great clean out recipe! It is also great for rainy days because the broth just warms you up heart and soul. As written this recipe has some heat which can be toned down by removing the peppers while those looking for for more bang, can skip the deseeding process or add more chiles.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1tbsp veg oil
- 2 thai chiles, partially deseeded
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup thai (or japanese) eggplant, roll cut
- 8 oz tofu, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Mix the coconut milk with the curry powder and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Once hot add the chiles, broccoli, eggplant, and tofu. Cook the vegetables until slightly tender. Pour the coconut milk curry mixture over top, and mix well. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the tomatoes, and then season to taste. Serve over coconut rice or thin rice noodles!
This dish is also fantastic as lunch the next day, but be warned that the spice level can increase as the flavors further blend.