Bonus SRC post! Not only is today Lead Day it is also the 5th Monday of the month which means a bonus themed Secret Recipe Club post. This month is all about spring recipes, which is much needed given that winter does not want to leave. To me spring is about early berries, greens, and flowers – and insane amounts of rain! When I saw Emily of Life on Food‘s Honey Muffin post I knew I had my perfect spring recipe. If not for bees there would be no spring so hello, honey! For the honey, I used some Killer Bee Honey from The Bee Folks which I pick up on a yearly basis at the MD Ren Faire. I normally walk out with Killer Bee Honey (sticks) and something fun because I have a true honey issue.
1 egg, at room temperature
1 cup 2% milk, at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a muffin tin with papers or lightly oil.
- Beat the milk and egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking power, and salt. Pour in the melted butter along with the honey and then quickly beat in the egg/milk mixture until just mixed.
- Spoon a 1/4 cup of batter into your muffin tin (about 3/4 full)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
After you’ve enjoyed your muffin I suggest using any extra honey to top off some kosher pickles for a real sweet/sour treat. Or you can just make another batch of muffins – no wrong answer!!! While not a “spring” recipe I also have to mention Emily’s Bailey’s Milkshake because boozy milkshakes are my thing and I’m looking forward to having one sometime soonish.