Mini Ginger Cheesecakes
Welcome to the last post of TripleSBites – oh what a week this has been! From Brussel Sprouts to Caribbean Rice and Beans to VooDoo Fries, so many incredible recipes thanks to so many incredible products from our sponsors. With that another HUGE thank you to the incredible sponsors from this event, it has been a pleasure working with all your amazing products.
For my final post I knew it needed to be something BIG and something sweet! When it comes to dishes that say I love you to my valentine, there is only one sweet treat that can come close to Creme Brulee: Cheesecake! In place of the standard wedding cake, we had a three tiered Dulce de Leche Cheesecake which is why I knew making my own version was the perfect way to end the challenge. This cheesecake is a twist on the standard and not just in the size department with a bit of ginger to spice things up!
2 8oz containers of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ginger, shredded
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp melted butter
- Cream together the sugar and cream cheese for 10 minutes, then add the eggs one at a time before adding the vanilla, ginger, and Greek yogurt.
- Continue creaming together for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter then press in to the bottom of a cupcake tin or other small tin, then go half way up the sides. Spoon in the cheesecake mixture and fill to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Turn oven off and allow cheesecake to cool in the oven for 10 minutes before removing. Place cheesecakes in fridge, uncovered, and allow to cool for at least 3hrs.
- Top with fresh fruit and enjoy!
The cute little containers came from Ikea, an awesome find in their “last chance” section! The best part is that they can unfold for those who want to enjoy their treat outside of the wrapping. I topped these mini-treats with fresh berries that I heated up a bit in order to create a bit of a sauce. No need for sugar!
This has been such a fun week, I’m so beyond thankful that I was able to participate in this! These recipes have been sexy, saucy, and spicy – and filled with love. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by, and for anyone that hasn’t signed up for the giveaway go and do it NOW!!!!