Sweet Potato Fries
Hello! Welcome to my May installment of the Secret Recipe Club! This month I was sent over to BCmom’s kitchen which is packed with simple and delicious recipes to get you cooking! I love that her blog focuses on standard pantry staples, don’t get me wrong I <3 Wegmans but I can only spend so much time shopping – I want to cook! After much debate (yummy, spinach!), and schedule checking (cuz surgeries requiring bedrest are fun), I decided to go with her Sweet Potato Fries. I’ll be honest, the little kid in me just wanted to shake the fries up all shake n’bake style (do they still sell that???) and it was totally everything I thought it would be. I added a few more seasonings since my herbs are starting to explode, and just added them to the bag.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary (around 1/2 tsp)
- 1 spring thyme (around 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut sweet potatoes in to fry shapes, keeping them around 4 inches long and 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place the olive oil, herbs, and salt in to a gallon size zip lock bag and add the fries - half at a time. Gently squeeze (or shake!) the fries in the bag.
- Remove the fries to a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, then flip, and bake for a final 15 minutes.
These fries were fantastic! The clean up was a breeze and the fact that these were baked, not fried, means they are a nice healthy(ish) alternative to the standard bbq/grill side. I also have plans to vegetarianize her zucchini hamburger pie – something involving beans I think as I love the idea of baking all that veggie goodness in a nice flaky crust. Before I sign off just a quick Happy Birthday to my awesome SiL and my incredible BFF who both happen to be Cinco De Mayo babies! Now, go check out the rest of the recipes from the awesome bloggers of The Secret Recipe Club