Roasted Linguine and Broccoli
Time for the March installment of the Secret Recipe Club! This month I was assigned Angela‘s Spinach Tiger, which is an amazing blogs with one of the most honest tag-lines out there. I was immediately drawn in to the open nature of her blog, especially when it came to the entries about her brother and cousin. As for picking a recipe, that was much easier said then done. For the longest time I was going to one of her Red Recipes but I couldn’t stop thinking about her roasted pasta recipe. I had sauted pasta before, tossing it with vegetables or various sauces right before serving but had never roasted it so that it actually started to brown in the pan. I did make a few changes to this recipe, namely adding some garbanzo beans to add some protein, but otherwise I kept it as written.
- 1/2 lb uncooked long pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut
- 4 tbsp EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup pre-soaked garbanzo beans
- Cook the pasta per instructions on the box, then set aside after tossing in half of the EVOO.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining olive oil (2tbsp) in a large saute pan, then add the garlic and broccoli florets. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
- Add the pasta to the broccoli along with the garbanzo beans. Cook for 5-8 minutes, the pasta will start to brown on the edge. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes. Serve hot!
I topped Joe’s with some shredded cheese, leftover from some pizza made earlier in the week while I kept mine “naked”. Everything came together so quickly, plus being able to make the pasta in advance was great since I had yoga planned. The addition of the beans also added another dimension to the dish as a contrast to the crunchiness of the pasta tips and broccoli. A huge thanks to Angela for introducing me to such a great dish which will probably become a frequent addition to my monthly rotation. A larger thanks to the wonderful hostesses of the Secret Recipe Club for another amazing month. I can’t wait to see what fantastic blog I’ll get next month!