Risotto Style Orzo
Last month I noticed that a number of the food blogs I follow were posting about some Secret Recipe Club, and I was intrigued. I am always looking for new blog groups to join and I this one has a really great concept. Each blogger that joins is assigned a blog to pick a recipe from and then posts that recipe on a certain day. As soon as I got my blog assignment I jumped right on over to The Daily Dish to find my recipe! I was originally going to make this dish for my Birthday BBQ but instead it became the perfect weeknight dinner when things got a little crazy. I did make some changes from the original recipe and it was a big hit!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 squash, diced
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the Olive Oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the garlic, onion, and squash and cook until tender.
- Add the orzo, vegetable broth, water, and white wine then bring the mixture to a boil before covering and turning heat to low. Stir often to make sure the orzo doesn’t stick.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil leaves, and Parmesan cheese then Serve!
I had a great time with this assignment and I’m looking forward to see what blog I get assigned next month.