Get Myself Into
So the weather has gone from hot hot hot to cool and springy. While I’m not missing the ridiculous heat I am wishing it was slightly warmer, a nice 82 if I could. However an advantage to the cool weather is being able to use by oven again without fear of sending my AC into overdrive. I had some broccoli in my fridge that was threatening to turn on me and I was in the mood for some cheese…very large amounts of cheese. Luckily cheese can always be found in my house so I had a very large selection to choose from before settling on some extra sharp cheddar and monterey jack cheese, however this recipe can easily be adjusted for whatever cheese you have on hand.
Ingredients: (serves 4-5)
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can canneloni beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease the bottom of a 2qt casserole dish.
- Place half of the rice in the casserole dish then top with half of the beans, broccoli, garlic, onion, and cheddar cheese. Layer on the remaining rice along with the remaining beans, vegetables, and the monterey jack cheese. Place the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese aside.
- Cover and bake for 30minutes. Pour in the vegetable stock and top with the cheddar cheese that was set aside. Bake uncovered for a final 15minutes, until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown. Enjoy!