Creamy Tuna Pasta
Oh Glee, how I love you. If only there was a sing along version I could watch my TV would be complete…or at least would be closer to complete. My other TV fantasy involves the dishes from Top Chef magically appearing on my dining room table. This Saturday I will have the opportunity to get as close to that as possible given modern technology thanks to the Top Chef Tour! They will be at the Eastern Market this weekend, which means I will be at the Eastern Market for at least part of this weekend. To say I’m excited about this is putting it mildly. While I have been fortunate enough to talk to (!) Chef Spike on a few occasions this will be my first time seeing ANY of the other Top Chefs in person, including the amazing Hootie Hoo that is Carla 😀
This recipe is not a Glee themed recipe…or a Top Chef recipe…however it is a very filling recipe and a great weekday dinner since it comes together in no time at all. For those wanting to keep it vegetarian replace the tuna with some cannelloni beans.
Ingredients: (serves 5)
- 1 lb tri-color pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 8oz can tuna, drained
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box, omitting the salt. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes, until the onion becomes translucent. Gradually add the spinach allowing it to wilt before adding more. Add the alfredo sauce, and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes and then season to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the drained pasta and toss well. Add the tomatoes and SERVE!
I normally serve this with oregano bread but regular garlic bread would also work to help soak up the sauce.